Before IV Sedation in Denver, CO
- Avoid eating and drinking (this includes water) for eight hours before your sedation appointment.
- Avoid smoking for 12 hours before your surgery.
- Because you will be sedated you will need an adult with you during the procedure to drive you home.
- You should avoid driving vehicles or machinery for at least 24 hours after your sedation.
- Avoid wearing contacts, jewelry, or dentures as these will need to be removed before your sedation.
- Avoid wearing makeup, lipstick, or nail polish on the day of your sedation.
- You should wear clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past your elbow.
- Check with Dr. Waggoner before taking any of your normal medications on the day of your surgery
- If you are sick with a cold, upset stomach, or a sore throat, please contact our office before your surgery.